Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 0

Today I decided I'm fed up with the state of my skin.

I'm 34 and have had so so skin all my life. Acne wasn't crazy, mainly hormonal, pores medium/big and I didn't pay much attention to my skin.

Last November I went on an emotional roller coaster ride that wrought havoc to my complexion. Cystic acne, regular acne, alien acne, you name it. And since I'm not exactly the disciplined type, I picked on my blemishes. Benzoyl Peroxide (BP) wasn't much help, in fact I think it actually purged my skin and made it worse, so I discontinued it (didn't know what "purge" was at the time).

My "please face, calm yourself" routine (starting Christmas 2011) has been:

  • water only washes
  • witch hazel or rose water as toner
  • Cerave moisturizer in the morning
  • aloe vera gel with 7 drops of OCM oil in the evenings
  • honey and cinnamon masks (2x per week)
  • honey bandaids at night on problem spots
  • and most importantly, control the crazy stress in my life
Skin has indeed calmed, but there are still some blemishes. The worse part: my face wasn't as forgiving as it was when I was 16. It scarred. Not ugly-ugly, but the kind of scar you feel like you need to wear makeup all the time to look presentable. And since I've been a no foundation girl all my life, I've decided I don't want to be all made up every single moment until I die (only special occasions). Skin has to get better!

Here's the proof of the damage. No makeup, no retouching.

Left side of my face.

Left side again

Right side, where the nastiest scars live (for now)

Another pic of my right side.

So this is my starting point. Things will improve. Just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment