Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 5

Today will be my 3rd application of Retin-A and so far so good.

I used it on Monday and there were no adverse effects on Tuesday. I think it helped heal some blemishes faster, but other than that, it was the same as usual. I cleansed my faced using homemade cold cream and applied my trusty Devita sunscreen. Tuesday night I mixed a bit of aloe vera gel with 6 drops of oil mix to give my skin a break.

On Wednesday I dediced to use Retin-a in my neck and décolletage as well because it will be weird to have perfect skin on the face and an aging neck, wouldn't it? Plus, I have a lot of freckles, and if the freckles disappear from my face but can be seen on my upper chest, it won't match. Used the same buffering method (RA + CeraVe), but 2.5 times the amount, since I was covering a larger area.

Skin was still lovely on Thursday. I peel regularly in small amounts, so for me it was pretty much the same as every day... well, more like the day before I do my weekly exfoliating mask. But the great part is that there wasn't redness or irritation. Thursday night I washed my face with water and moisturized with aloe vera gel and oil.

Today is Friday and I'm wearing makeup for the first time in the week. It is my best skin day of the week, but I have a couple of meetings and want to look my best. Weird thing is that it was until I applied my makeup that I realized I was peeling. I brushed my face with pressed powder to set the foundation and got tiny face dandruff-y flakes on my shirt. And of course, the foundation accentuates the flakes still attached to my face, but you need to be really close to notice. Guess Retin-A is working its magic and my skin is regenerating.

Blemishes are almost gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment